Yuga Labs, the creator of the game Dookey Dash announces its first-ever bitcoin NFT Project by the name TwelveFold. The ultimate Dookey Dash key was sold for 1,000 ETH. The Dookey Dash one-of-one Golden Key winner is Kyle Jackson, aka Mongraal, a Twitch streamer.
The bitcoin-based NFT project is expected to be launched by the end of this week. The company has revealed some details about the TwleveFold NFT Project. The auction details are to be announced later and that it would be available 24 hours before the actual sale begins.
Greg Solano the co-founder of Yuga Labs said that all the now-made choices were a departure from what was expected from Yuga. He added that the team was excited about the Ordinal inscriptions and what the future has in store for the digital artifacts on Bitcoin.
Read further to know more about what we currently know about the project.
The revenue stream of the company had decelerated as a considerable amount comes from creator royalty fees, generally making up 5 percent to 10 percent, from NFT sales from OpenSea and other marketplaces on Ethereum.
In the beginning of Feb 2023 OpenSea in an effort to rule out even the chances of rivalry from emerging competent Blur, an NFT Trading platform; had put an end to levying mandatory royalty fees. The move was condemned by Yuga Labs.
What is TwelveFold NFT Collection?
The TwelveFold NFT collection contains 300 limited edition generative art pieces each of which is inscribed to the blockchain of Bitcoin. The credit for the design of the project goes to the in-house art team of Yuga Labs.
TwelveFold NFT: Features
- The TwelveFold NFT pieces would be presented as 12×12 grids.
- Why Is TwelveFold NFT 12×12 grids?
- It is to pay homage to the manner by which the Bitcoin blockchain stores data.
- The TwelveFold NFT is a combination of 3D graphics and hand-drawn features
- TwelveFold NFT collection is one of the many highest profile launches to date through Ordinals, the new digital assets inscriptions.
- TwleveFold NFT has no association with the Ethereum-based IP of Yuga Labs. It is to be noted as all other Yuga projects like BAYC, and MAYC is in the Ethereum blockchain. Other projects under Yuga Labs’ Ethereum Ip are CryptoPunks, and Meebits two blue chip NFTs by Larva Labs that are owned by Yuga now.
- TwelveFold NFT consists of 300 pieces in size, smaller in size than the other Yuga and Yuga-owned collections. Generally, Yuga collections are of 10,000 or more than that NFT pieces.
- TwleveFold NFT could be viewed as similar to Autoglyphs having a size of 512 NFT, a running on Ethereum art project by Larva Labs.
What Is Ordinals?
Ordinals is basically an idea that prints NFT-like assets on the blockchain.
Ordinals are digital assets inscribed on the lowest denomination of a BTC, Bitcoin, named satoshi. The lowest denomination is named satoshis as it is the pseudonym of Satoshi Nakamoto the creator of Bitcoin. Ordinal Inscriptions could be considered to NFTs and the network has over 100,000 users having images, video games, and related content.
Blockchain technology company Yuga Labs had launched Dookey Dash as a skill-based web game that requires NFT to play and also to score points. The game was launched through the official Twitter page of BAYC, Bored Ape Yacht Club.
BAYC had declared that the winner of the game would have access to a new power source. The winner would be rewarded with the ultimate game key that can unlock the new powers.
So far the digital world has witnessed the minting of over 200,000 unique Ordinals. Considerable minted projects are from OnChain Monkey and DeGods. Bitcoin has witnessed clones from CryptoPunks.
Who Is The Winner Of The Dookey Dash One-of-One Golden Key?
The Dookey Dash one-of-one golden winning key was sold in a 1.6 million Us dollars deal. As per the earlier announcement, the key was won by the plate which won the highest score in the game. The winner wsa revalaed as Mongraal.
Is Mongraal and Kyle Jackson The Same Person?
Kyle Jackson is known by the name Mongraal, his pseudonym. He sold the key on Monday for a whopping 1.6 million US dollars.
The winner was announced by BAYC on their official Twitter handle in a post that said many had dashed, more had dookey’d but one person arrived. The tweet mentioned Mongraal. Congratulated him, and said that the Key was his.
Dookey Dash Golden Key Sold By Winner Mongraal aka Kyle Jackson
Mongraal on deciding to sell the pass first listed it for around 3.6 million US dollars worth at 2,222 ETH on OpenSea. He was crammed with smaller-but-notable offers from 9GAG, a user-generated meme site; and UPDAO (United Planets DAO).
Later, he settled to sell the pass via OpenSea for a much lower 1,000 ETH. Mongraal sold the pass to Adam Weitsman, the Chief Executive Officer of Upstate Shredding, a scrap metal shredding company in New York.
About this, he tweeted on his official account that Adam Weitsman was a super nice guy and he was thrilled that the sale went through with Weitsman. He thanked Yuga Labs for hosting the competition and that he was looking forward to participating in future events. Mongraal added that the royalties to Yuga Labs would be paid in full.
Mongraal was announced as the winner of the Dookey Dsah on Feb 16 as Feb 15 was the last day that cone could participate in the game to win the leaderboard. The game was only available to those who had a Sewer Pass NFT that had free claim offers for the members of BAYC or MAYC (Mutant Ape Yacht Club Members), the spinoff of BAYC. Users had the access to the game from the starting date of Jan 18, 2023.
As per the reports available from OpenSea, the game had raked a total volume of about 64 million US dollars which is 39,676 ETH.
The gamer who has the Sewer Pass and was not able to get themselves placed on the leaderboard of Dookey Dash can still compete in the Dookey: Dash Toad Mode for additional prizes and the last date is set as the 1st of March.
What Is Dookey: Dash Toad Mode?
Dookey: Dash Toad Mode is similar to the original version of the game except that in this the goal is to collect as many toads as possible. In Dookey: Dash Toad Mode there would be no obstacles that the user might crash on.
Also, the users would only have limited control over their avatars. It is described as a brief period of running during which things would get trippy.
Four different toads are introduced in the game and the points for each are different.
- Uncommon Toad – 30 points
- Rare Toad – 50 points
- Epic Toad – 100 points
- Legendary Toad – 150 points
How Does Dookey Dash: Toad Mode Work?
As of the details of the video,
- There would be two different scores. The first score of the gamer follows the same rules as Dookey Dash and Toad Points are not included. The Toad pints could be seen as the second score, which would be the overall points of all the toads that the runner collected while running.
- Both of these points would be the decision-making factors to see whether the gamer would unlock a companion trait to the ultimate Power Source during The Summoning.
- There is a total of 2500 companion traits available that is placed separately in two groups.
- 500 companion traits would be counted as part of the top 500 regularly scored runs.
- 2,000 companion traits would be counted as part of the Toad Point scores in the Toad Mode.
Dookey Dash: So Far
In order to be the winner the player had to get the highest score in a single continuous run without getting out. The game that had the simulation of a sweet pass would require the runner to collect as many objects that would be seen in mid-air while running, and these would have to be done without crashing into the obstacles.
There were controversial issues that the game was ramped up with cheating as some users used cheat codes on the game’s algorithm to get a high score.
As per the reports, the usage of cheat codes made them not run out of life even after crashing into obstacles and they could continue their run just like nothing had happened.
This was caught and the authorities of the game made immediate action to remove such impossible high points from the scoreboard. Each and every second of the game was monitored by the team.