The GWM Ute Cannon just got a little bit more luxurious, as the Chinese manufacturer just added a new premium Vanta variation to the range of available models.
This is the first time that the Great Wall Motor Haval Ute series has been given the Vanta badge, which has always been reserved for the SUV models in the GWM lineup that offer the most standard features.
The Vanta has a starting drive-away price of $46,490, which is a price increase of $2,000 in comparison to the Cannon-X grade that it is based on.
The Vanta is distinguished from the X by having black 18-inch alloy wheels, exterior door mirrors, door handles, and front grille in addition to having a black front grille. In addition to that, it receives black badging and a black sports bar.
GWM appears to be aiming for competitors such as the Toyota HiLux Rogue ($70,200) and the Mitsubishi Triton GSR ($55,690) with the aesthetic flourishes that are included in the Vanta.
This is in addition to the items that are already included as standard on the Cannon-X, such as heated front leather seats, an auto-dimming rear-view mirror, a 360-degree camera, wireless phone charging, and an instrument cluster that is 7.0 inches and colored.
Included as standard safety equipment are adaptive cruise control, traffic sign recognition, front collision warning, autonomous emergency braking (AEB) with detection for pedestrians and bicycles, lane departure warning, lane keep assist, and adaptive cruise control.
Pearl White, Crystal Black, Blue Sapphire, Scarlet Red, and Pittsburgh Silver are the several colors that are available.
The Ute is now Great Wall Motor’s best-selling model in Australia so far this year, with combined sales of 4×2 and 4×4 versions totaling 6292. This places it just ahead of the Haval Jolion SUV, which has 6158 sales, and the H6, which has 5169 sales.
When it comes to sales of 4×4 vehicles, the GWM Ute is now in the lead over its primary competitor, the LDV T60, which has found a total of 4588 new owners as of the end of the month of October in this year. In addition to this, it is miles ahead of the SsangYong Musso (1336).
However, it is still behind competitors from more well-known manufacturers that are made in Thailand, such as the Mitsubishi Triton (21,783) and the Nissan Navara (7880).
Here Are The Full Specs And Pricing Of The GWM Ute Cannon
GWM Ute Cannon Standard Features:
- 18-inch ‘premium’ alloy wheels
- Automatic LED headlights
- LED indicators and tail-lights
- 9.0-inch infotainment touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- 3.5-inch instrument cluster display
- Four-speaker sound system
- Comfort-Tek faux leather seat upholstery
- Six-way driver and four-way passenger manually-adjustable seats
- Polyester (plastic) steering wheel
- Manual air conditioning
- Side steps
- Keyless entry and start
- Two front and one rear USB port(s)
- Autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian and cyclist detection
- Lane-keep assist
- Adaptive cruise control
- Traffic sign recognition
- Tyre pressure monitoring
- Rear parking sensors
GWM Ute Cannon-L Features (In Addition To Cannon Specs):
- 18-inch ‘luxury’ alloy wheels
- Sports bar
- Six-way power-adjustable driver’s seat
- Heated front seats
- Leather steering wheel
- Six-speaker sound system
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Rear privacy glass
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Power-folding side mirrors
- Front parking sensors
- 360-degree camera
- ‘Easy up/down’ assisted tailgate
- Chrome grille trim
- Cargo ladder
- Roof rails
GWM Ute Cannon-X Features (In Addition to Cannon-L Specs):
- 7.0-inch digital instrument display
- Wireless phone charging
- Leather upholstery
- Four-way power passenger seat
- Voice recognition
- 60:40 split-folding second row (with center armrest)
- Door open warning
- Two smart keys (up from one smart, and one ‘ordinary’)
- Power steering weight modes
- Tilt/telescopic steering wheel adjustment (up from tilt only)
GWM Ute Cannon Vanta Features (In Addition To Cannon-X Specs):
- 18-inch black alloy wheels
- Black exterior badging
- Black mirror caps, door handles, grille trim
- Black sports bar and roof rails
GWM Ute Price In Australia In 2023
GWM Ute Cannon 4×2 – $35,990 (up $1000 since January)
GWM Ute Cannon 4×4 – $38,990 (up $2000 since January)
GWM Ute Cannon-L 4×4 – $42,490 (up $2000 since January)
GWM Ute Cannon-X 4×4 – $45,490 (up $2000 since January)
GWM Ute Cannon Vanta 4×4 – $46,490 (new)
Note: All prices above are drive-away.