Wizkid, the Nigerian singer, has announced tour dates for his latest album, Made in Lagos.
KAMPALA | LIFESTYLE UGANDA — Nigerian singer Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun, better known as Wizkid, has announced a North American tour to promote Made in Lagos.
- Wizkid announces North American tour dates for Made in Lagos.
- Wizkid will kick off his unmissable 17-date fall tour in Boston on September 10th.
- Tickets go on sale for the Made in Lagos tour Friday, July 9 at 10 am local time.
- Below are the dates for Wizkid’s Made In Lagos tour.
- Visit the Lifestyle Uganda homepage for more stories like this.
- This article is supported by Makeup Store Uganda , a cosmetics store in Kampala.
Taking place across 17 dates, Wizkid’s Made in Lagos tour kicks off September 10 in Boston before making its way to New York City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, and Toronto before settling into a pair of Canadian dates in Toronto and Montreal in the spring.
The 17-date tour, which kicks off in Boston on September 10th, gives Wizkid fans a chance to see the Made In Lagos album live.
Tickets for the Made in Lagos tour go on sale Friday, July 9th starting at 10 am local time through Ticketmaster.
With more than 20 weeks of chart presence on Billboard’s World Albums chart for the new decade (2020), Made in Lagos by Starboy/Sony Music International is the longest-charting album by a Nigerian artist.
Aside from being the longest-charting album in the Worldwide and European Apple Music albums charts, Made in Lagos is also the longest-charting African album.
In the United States, Wizkid became famous in 2016 after he collaborated with Drake on the No. 1 hit song “One Dance.“
Among the many chart-topping, platinum-selling artists Wizkid has worked with are Future, Chris Brown, Wale, French Montana, Ty Dolla $ign, Major Lazer, among others.
This year, his collaboration with Beyoncé, Blue Ivy and SAINt JHN, “Brown Skin Girl”, earned him his first Grammy Award win for Best Music Video.
The Nigerian singer recently celebrated the 10th anniversary of his debut album ”Superstar”.
Wizkid will perform his entire discography, which has accrued more than three billion streams worldwide, on the Made In Lagos Tour.
Below is a list of Wizkid Made In Lagos tour dates.
- Sept 10 – Boston, MA @ Orpheum Theatre
- Sept 11 – Brooklyn, NY @ BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn
- Sep 13 – Silver Spring, MD @ The Fillmore Silver Spring
- Sep 17 – Cleveland, OH @ House of Blues
- Sept 18 – Chicago, IL @ The Riviera Theatre
- Sept 19 – Minneapolis, MN @ The Fillmore
- Sept 22 – Denver, CO @ Summit Music Hall
- Sept 24 – Las Vegas, NV @ Chop Vegas*
- Sept 25 – Los Angeles, CA @ The Wiltern
- Sept 28 – Seattle, WA @ Neptune
- Oct 2 – Sacramento, CA @ TBA*
- Oct 9 – Dallas, TX @ Southside Ballroom
- Oct 10 – Houston, TX @ Bayou Music Center
- Oct 12 – Atlanta, GA @ Tabernacle
- Oct 16 – Miami, FL @ The Oasis
- Jan 21 – Toronto, ON @ HISTORY
- Jan 22 – Montreal, QC @ MTelus