With the launch of lyrics, Spotify is extending a long-awaited product feature to its entire listener base after a few large corners of the world already had them native to the service.
KAMPALA | LIFESTYLE UGANDA (https://lifestyleug.com/) — With the launch of lyrics, Spotify offers the product to all its Free and Premium users worldwide on Thursday, bringing a long-awaited feature to its entire customer base after it had already been available in a few large corners of the world.
- Users across all Spotify plans will be able to access interactive lyrics.
- If you choose to play a track on Spotify, the lyrics will scroll on the screen in real-time.
- Listen to Spotify for free in six new countries, including the DRC and Libya.
- This month’s Spotify EQUAL Artist is Ayra Starr.
Spotify, the world’s largest music streaming service, has partnered with lyrics provider Musixmatch on the new sharing feature. Spotify says its in-app lyrics will be available to users across its extensive library of tracks.
Following the June 2020 launch of real-time lyrics on Spotify, the company has announced that lyrics are now available globally to all Spotify users, including Free and Premium members, across iOS, Android, desktop, gaming consoles, and TV.
Globally, Spotify reports that lyrics are one of its listeners’ most requested features.
On a mobile device, tap the ‘Now Playing View’ on the song, and then swipe up from the bottom of the screen while you are listening to it to access the lyrics in real-time.
Spotify says you will then see track lyrics scrolling in real-time while the song plays.
To see the track lyrics while a song is playing on Spotify desktop, click the microphone icon near the ‘Now Playing’ bar of the app. The lyrics will scroll in real-time as the song plays.
Since the launch of Musixmatch in 2010, more than 500,000 artists have managed their lyrics directly through the company, including Drake, Billie Eilish, The Rolling Stones, Dua Lipa, Jay-Z, Taylor Swift, among many others.
Music streaming service Spotify has previously partnered with Musixmatch , which provided lyrics for a karaoke-style feature on SPOT’s desktop app launched in 2015. That partnership lasted until May 2016, when the two companies cut ties.
In Spotify’s words, “Music has the power to bring people together, and the Lyrics social sharing functionality allows you to express yourself on social media and encourage your friends to sing along with you.”.
Using Spotify’s app, desktop, or mobile, here’s how to find lyrics.
On the Spotify mobile app
- Tap on the “Now Playing View” on a song.
- While listening, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- You’ll see track lyrics that scroll in real-time as the song is playing!
- To share, simply tap the “Share” button at the bottom of the lyrics screen and then select the lyrics you want to share—and where you want to share them—via third-party platforms.
On the Spotify desktop app
- From the “Now Playing” bar, click on the microphone icon while a song is playing.
- Voila! You’ll see track lyrics that scroll in real-time while the song plays.
On the SpotifyTV app
- Open the “Now Playing View” on a song.
- Navigate to the right corner to the “lyrics button” and select if you want to enable Lyrics.
- Once enabled, you’ll see the lyrics in the “Now Playing” View.
Also, ‘Behind the Lyrics’ will be removed from Spotify. This feature provided not only the lyrics but also interesting trivia about the songwriting and the artists themselves.
This article is supported by Makeup Store Uganda , a Cosmetics Store in Kampala with original makeup products from Europe. They are located at Equatorial shopping mall, level 2 shop no 272, and you may contact them via WhatsApp at +256793851784 or by phone at +256789436581.