Meet Seguya Alawi of Dominus Apparel, the now-famous bespoke fashion house best known for creating the suit worn by Barbie Itungo Kyagulanyi at her husband’s presidential nominations day.
Barbie Itungo Kyagulanyi arrived on the second day of the presidential nominations on Tuesday 3rd, 2020 alongside her husband, Robert Kyagulanyi Ssentamu, of the National Unity Platform, wearing a tailored air hostess inspired white skirt suit by Seguya Alawi, a designer from Kamwokya.
KEY FASHION MOMENTS
- The Dominus Apparel created the outfit that she wore on the day of her husband’s nominations.
- The customized outfit of Barbie Itungo had a red-accentuated side slit.
- The First Lady completed her look with red strappy kitten heels, crossbody bag and a cap.
- Robert Kyagulanyi chose a pinstriped grey suit with a thin red tie and a red pocket square.
- Interested in Prophesy, visit Lifestyle Uganda homepage to learn more about Prophet Mbonye.
The now-famous bespoke fashion house created the outfit that she wore on the day of her husband’s presidential nominations at the Kyambogo sports playground.
There was a red-accent side slit in Barbie Itungo’s designed outfit. The first lady of the National Unity Platform finished her look with a red strappy kitten heel, a red cross-body purse and a red cap on her head, reflecting the colour of the People Power movement.
“She gave us the colour to work with and we came up with this concept of a skirt suit with subtle accents of red,” he said in an interview with Satisfashion UG, explaining that red is their colour, he wanted to show that the colour is within.
“Ordinarily, someone would think of a having white on top and red on the bottom, but everyone knows this is their colour, so we opted to go with just accents of it as you saw in the buttons, slit and her accessories.”
To reflect the red colour, Robert Kyagulanyi complemented the double-breasted pinstriped grey suit with a thin red tie and a red pocket square.
Dominus Ssekabembe, the owner of Dominus Apparel, told Satisfashion UG in an interview , ”Although simple in appearance, the couple’s outfits were a product of weeks of brainstorming, planning and countless journeys to and from Kamwokya.”